Winter holidays in Lofer
Not just for skiing fans!
The variety of the Salzburg Saalachtal region offers countless ways to design your winter holiday in Lofer in an attractive and varied manner. This includes the family-friendly Loferer Alm ski area, which is just 100 metres from the Posthof, an extensive network of cross-country skiing trails, and even a high-altitude trail on the Alpine pastures.
If the emphasis is on romance during your winter holiday in Lofer, why not try one of the routes with snowshoes, or even leave the path altogether. The gentle crunch of the snow underfoot, accompanied by sunshine and incredible images, turn this way of moving into a real experience for the whole family. Ice stock shooting, ski touring, or a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride round off your holiday programme.
If you’re a fan of hurtling down the valley shouting Yippee!, you have the choice between two toboggan runs: the natural Maria Kirchental toboggan run, and the Knappenstadel toboggan run. Both are suitable for old and young toboggan fans alike, provide plenty of surprises and exciting turns, and are floodlit at night.
Fancy a bit of variety in your day’s skiing?
Lofer’s central location means that there are several other attractive ski areas within easy reach.
- Waidringer Steinplatte: 10 km - wide slopes make it ideal for carvers
- Unken Heutal practice lift: 10 km - ideal for beginners and kids
- Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn ski area - 33 km away: 30 km - 270 kilometres of pistes for the ultimate in skiing enjoyment
- Maria Alm - Hochkönig area: 30 km - ski on the pistes of the Amadè Skiing Association!
- Kitzbühel / Zillertal Arena: 35 km - challenging pistes at altitudes of up to almost 2000 metres
- Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski resort: 40 km - skiing almost 10 months of the year!